Image is Everything - Understanding Cone-Beam CT and Intraoral 3D Scanning
Prior to attending this course, participants should be familiar with:
- the technology and principles of Dental CBCT
- the rationale and clinical applications of Dental CBCT
Attendees will get a grasp for understanding the balance between FOV, dose and accuracy when you are first implementing cone beam into your practice, as well as the basic benefits of using 3D compared to 2D.
Lecturer, Jerry Peck demonstrates the importance of Cone-Beam and intraoral 3D scanning, and its application to implant case planning and computer guided implant surgery. Referencing his experience from providing imaging services for thousands of successful implant surgeries, Mr. Peck pinpoints the advantages of multidisciplinary dentistry from patient diagnosis to final prosthesis.
Course objectives will answer the following:
- What does cone beam offer a typical general dental practitioner?
- Is this technology becoming "standard of care"?
- How do the devices differ from one another?
- Is the radiation exposure high?
- What are the most important advantages of the technology?
- Would I use cone beam enough to warrant having it available?
- How can computer guided implant surgery improve my practice?
- How do I understand the cost/benefit analysis of 2D vs 3D imaging?
- How can I be HIPAA compliant when sharing CBCT data?
Release date: 2013-12-10 | Expiration date: 2016-12-10