An Overview of Minimally Invasive Periodontal Surgery Using Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Technology
Traditional methods to treat such cases usually involve extensive periodontal surgery, along with the use of regenerative bone substitutes to manage the disease process, at the same time resulting in prolonged side effects of sensitivity, pain and recession, as well as the inevitable need for systemic antibiotics.
This lecture will take you through an overview of aetiology and risk factors associated with periodontal disease, provide you with an overview of available and current treatment modalities, and demonstrate a minimally invasive technique using Er,Cr:YSGG lasers to achieve favourable outcomes with minimal adverse side effects.
- Gain a better understanding of how lasers work on soft tissues and bone
- Gain an understanding of the use of Er,Cr:YSGG laser in periodontics for the management of periodontitis.
- Gain an understanding of the mechanisms through which the Er,Cr:YSGG laser can be effective in the periodontal pocket.
- Gain an understanding of the criteria needed for periodontal regeneration, and how the Er,Cr:YSGG laser can help to achieve this goal.
- Be able to describe laser periodontal treatment to their patients.
Release date: 2013-12-13 | Expiration date: 2016-12-13