An Overview of Minimally Invasive Periodontal Surgery Using Er,Cr:YSGG Laser Technology
Traditional methods to treat such cases usually involve extensive periodontal surgery, along with the use of regenerative bone substitutes to manage the disease process, at the same time resulting in prolonged side effects of sensitivity, pain and recession, as well as the inevitable need for systemic antibiotics.
This lecture will take you through an overview of aetiology and risk factors associated with periodontal disease, provide you with an overview of available and current treatment modalities, and demonstrate a minimally invasive technique using Er,Cr:YSGG lasers to achieve favourable outcomes with minimal adverse side effects.
- Gain a better understanding of how lasers work on soft tissues and bone
- Gain an understanding of the use of Er,Cr:YSGG laser in periodontics for the management of periodontitis.
- Gain an understanding of the mechanisms through which the Er,Cr:YSGG laser can be effective in the periodontal pocket.
- Gain an understanding of the criteria needed for periodontal regeneration, and how the Er,Cr:YSGG laser can help to achieve this goal.
- Be able to describe laser periodontal treatment to their patients.
Release date: 2013-12-13 | Expiration date: 2016-12-13
Tribune Group GmbH is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Tribune Group designates this activity for 1 continuing education credits.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Tribune Group GmbH and Dental Tribune International GmbH.