Doctoral candidate University of Birmingham (A400) 1916476
Director Dental Laser Training Academy Ltd www.dentallaseracademy.co.uk
President Pandora Dental Training and Guidance Ltd
Dr Mark Cronshaw trained at Guys Hospital in London. He graduated in 1981 with a degree in biomedical sciences before completing his dental studies in 1984.
Dr Cronshaw has used lasers in his daily clinical practice since 2005 and he maintains a busy private general practice in Cowes, UK. He was appointed a Professor a.c. at the University of Genoa in 2014-2020 where he taught the Advanced Masters Degree course in oral laser applications and he lectures on oral laser applications Worldwide.
In 2012 he was awarded the prestigious Fellowship award of the International Academy of Dento-Facial Esthetics. Dr Cronshaw is on the editorial peer review panel of the journals Lasers in Medical Science and Photochemistry and Photobiology and also is a Board member of Laser Education International. His clinical interests are in phototherapy, aesthetic dentistry, holistic dental care, minimally invasive dentistry as well as the application of laser therapy as an adjunct to tissue regeneration and pain management in periodontics and surgery. In collaboration with his co-Director Professor Steven Parker he runs a highly active laser training academy offering a variety of dedicated oral laser training programmes.
Dr Cronshaw has written over 20 peer reviewed scientific papers on the clinical applications of lasers in dentistry and he is actively involved in continued research. Dr Cronshaw is a contributory author and provided a chapter on orthodontics in the best-selling textbook “Lasers in Dentistry: Current Concepts” ,editors Steven Parker and Don Coluzzi, published by Springer in October 2017.
Dr Cronshaw is actively involved in clinical research into laser tissue interaction in regards to clinical phototherapy and is currently studying for a doctorate at Birmingham University. As a researcher and active clinician Dr Cronshaw has studied the literature on the application of photobiomodulation therapies for very many clinical applications including sports physiotherapy, CNS disorders, peripheral neuropathic syndromes and the management of failed wound healing.
Most recently he presented to the World Federation of Laser Dentistry on aspects of dosimetry in photobiomodulation therapies. His current research involves trans- national collaboration with groups involved in oncology in France and Poland.
During the recent Covid-19 crisis he founded a UK national think tank Pandora Dental Training and Guidance Ltd. This has been influential in formulating a practical response to the challenges in general dental practice to the disruption caused by Covid-19. In recognition of his work he was given a UK National award earlier this year.
- British Dental Journal “Treatment outcome following use of the erbium chromium yttrium gallium garnet laser in the non-surgical management of peri-implantitis: a case series” 2014;217:453-457
- World Federation of Laser Dentistry “Treatment outcome following use of the erbium chromium yttrium gallium garnet laser in the non-surgical management of peri-implantitis: a pilot study” abstract no.64510
- Open Dentistry Journal “The adjunctive use of the erbium chromium yttrium gallium garnet laser in closed flap periodontal therapy. A retrospective cohort study” Al-Falaki R, Cronshaw M, Parker S. 2016;10:1-20
- Benedicenti A, Benedicenti S “Atlas of Laser Therapy: State of the Art” 4th Ed. Teamwork mediasrl2016;ISBN88-89626-02-X Case report
- Lasers in Dentistry: Current Concepts Ed. Coluzzi d & Parker S Springer 2017; ISBN: 978-3-319-51943-2 “Lasers in Orthodontics” pp.260-271
- EC Dental Science “Pain inflammation and infection: a daily challenge in every clinical practice” 2019;18.6 (2019)
- EC Dental Science “Photobiomodulation Therapy and Periodontitis: A Discussion Paper”. EC Dental Science 18.8 (2019): 1791-1797.
- EC Dental Science “Laser Essentials for the Dental Practitioner: Foundation Knowledge – Construction, Modes of Operation and Safety”. EC Dental Science 18.9 (2019): 2020-2027.
- Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine and Laser Surgery “Feeling the heat: evolutionary and microbial basis for the analgesic mechanisms of photobiomodulation therapy” Cronshaw M, Parker S, Arany P. 2019; Sep 1;37(9):517-26
- Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine and Laser Surgery “Parameters for Photobiomodulation Therapy in Clinical Dentistry: A Systematic Review” Parker S, Cronshaw M, Anagnostaki E, Bordin-Aykroyd SR, Lynch E. 2019; Dec 1;37(12):784-97
- Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine and Laser Surgery Cronshaw M, Parker S, Anagnostaki E, Lynch E. “Systematic Review of Orthodontic Treatment Management with Photobiomodulation Therapy” 2019; Dec 1;37(12):862-8
- Parker S, Cronshaw M, Anagnostaki E, Mylona V, Lynch E, Grootveld M. Current Concepts of Laser–Oral Tissue Interaction. Dentistry Journal. 2020 Sep;8(3):61.
- Mylona V, Anagnostaki E, Parker S, Cronshaw M, Lynch E, Grootveld M. Laser-Assisted aPDT Protocols in Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials in Dentistry: A Systematic Review. Dentistry Journal. 2020 Sep;8(3):107
- Parker S, Anagnostaki E, Mylona V, Cronshaw M, Lynch E, Grootveld M. Systematic Review of Post-Surgical Laser-Assisted Oral Soft Tissue Outcomes Using Surgical Wavelengths Outside the 650–1350 nm Optical Window. Photobiomodulation, Photomedicine, and Laser Surgery. 2020 Oct 1;38(10):591-606
- Anagnostaki E, Mylona V, Kosma K, Parker S, Chala M, Cronshaw M, Dimitriou V, Tatarakis M, Papadogiannis N, Lynch E, Grootveld M. A Spectrophotometric Study on Light Attenuation Properties of Dental Bleaching Gels: Potential Relevance to Irradiation Parameters. Dentistry Journal. 2020 Dec;8(4):137
- Cronshaw M, Parker S, Anagnostaki E, Mylona V, Lynch E, Grootveld M. Photobiomodulation Dose Parameters in Dentistry: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Dentistry Journal. 2020 Dec;8(4):114
- Cronshaw M, Parker S, Anagnostaki E, Mylona V, Lynch E, Grootveld M. Photobiomodulation and Oral Mucositis: A systematic review. Dentistry Journal. 2020 Sep;8(3):87.
- Parker S, Cronshaw M, Grootveld M. Photobiomodulation delivery parameters: an evidenced based approach Photobiomodulation, photomedicine, and laser surgery (Accepted: publication pending)